BA in Digital Arts and Practices, ALUMNI AU
I was born in 1996 in Ljubljana. I enrolled into the School of arts because it was the only place that offered the study of 2d animation in Slovenia.
From when I was little I liked to create and had an interest for digital media. I often got lost in the wonderful worlds of cartoons, films, video games and books, so I wanted to create something simmilar.
In high school I found out I could study animation, so I began preparing and practicing for the study. I came to the School of arts in Nova Gorica and began working on many animation projects as well as other digital media projects during the study. School of arts granted me an environment where I could develop projects the way I wanted them, while offering me support and guidance along the way, helping me to improve my work. My biggest project was a short digital 2d animated film Geomancy (in Slo. Zemlječarstvo), which served as my diploma film. Alongside it, I made a research about building secondary worlds for short animated films.
I want to portray fantasy and mythological motifs and create my own fantasy worlds through visual media. You could say I am trying to create a “visual brand”. I am also preparing an animation demo for my next short animated film that is loosely based on a Slovenian legend about the Lintvern dragon of Žiri. Animation and drawing allow me to create and present my own worlds, characters and stories. I want to improve, so I can produce better work.
Animation and drawing allow me to create and present my own worlds, characters and stories. I want to improve, so I can produce better work.
– Cat and mouse, 2018/2019: Director, concept art, animator.
– Hen and Rooster, 2018/2019: Director, concept art, storyboard, animator.
– Geomancy, 2020/2021, graduation film: Author.
– Jožko Markič award 2020
– DSAF special mention for a finished animated student film, 2020 – For ambitiously made genre film. (Geomancy)
– selection of his films Cat &mouse, Hen & Rooster at festivals Kino Otok 2020, Cartoon Club, Revija študentskega filma 2019, FeKK 2020
– selection of Geomancy at Festival of Slovenian film 2020 (panorama), Animateka 2020