BA in Digital Arts and Practices, ALUMNI AU
I love animated films and series so one day I searched online if it was possible to study animation anywhere in Slovenia. At first I was scared since I have only started drawing in my second year of high school but I was welcomed all the same. I suddenly found myself surrounded with classmates with whom I shared a way of thinking and working. Together we learned, supported eachother and improved our skills. We also had amazing animation mentors who were terrific role models and thaught us a lot.
Although I had a very creative company I struggled with an art block and aimlessly searched for an art style. Soon after I’ve decided to completely give up drawing something »clicked« within me and I started to draw more than I ever have before. Working on my animated thesis film changed everything, suddenly I was drawing and animating every day and eventually Elsie, my short animated film, was created. With this film and my theroetical research about creating chidren’s horror I graduated in September of 2020 and am now studying graphic design (masters degree) at the Faculty of Natural Sciences and Engineering at University of Ljubljana.
Right now I am focused on my studies as well as my illustration and animation. I upload my artworks, in which I express my love for the children’s horror ganre, to my Instagram art account under the artistic name GlitterLitterBox. Illustrating brings me joy and fulfills a desire for storyelling so right now I am also thinking about writing a story for another animated film or maybe a comic.
– Cat and mouse (2019): Director, storyboard artist, animator.
– Hen and Rooster (2019): Director, animator.
– Elsie (2020): Director, script writer, animator, storyboard, art direction, editing.
Awards and affirmations
– DSAF special mention for a finished animated student film (Elsie, 2020),
– 2020: Elsie – selection: Animateka 2020 (Elephant competition programme III), Balkanima 2020 (Student sompetition programme), Festival of Slovenian film 2020 (Student competition programme),
– 2020: Hen and Rooster – selection: Cartoon Club, Revija študentskega filma v Zagrebu, Fekk SLO: Secound wave,
– 2019: Cat and mouse – selection: Kino Otok, Cartoon Club.