Portfolio submission deadline for candidates of 1st round: until June 11 2021 to the e-adress: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to the Digital Arts and Practices Programme 2nd round will be open for EU citizens Aug 20 – 27 2021, for non-EU citizens May 1 – July 1, with last round Aug 1 until Sep 1. Applied candidates should submit their portfolios until September 4 2020.
To help the candidates in the application process (submitting the application, portfolio, interview, inscription process) you can find a process/schedule table in the picture gallery (left) or in the document about the DUP programme (.pdf):
The interviews for 1st round will take place between June 22 and July 9. If the epidemic circumstances will allow, the interviews will take place at the UNG School of Arts premises (Vipavska 13, 5000 Nova Gorica – map: http://au.ung.si/en/educating/contact#location). If regulations shall not allow otherwise and for foreign candidates who are not located in Slovenia; the candidates can be interviewed via online services.
You are welcome to contact us if you have any questions regarding portfolio submission. Below (and in the document above) some explanations and links:
Assessment of artistic ability includes:
- The portfolio should illustrate the candidate’s talent as well as the level of knowledge of media and techniques.
- The motivation letter with a biography should show activity of the candidate in and outside of the chosen medium/media and uncover his/her motives in the choice of studies and professional way.
- The materials should be submitted by the candidates on an electronic carrier (cd, dvd, USB) – recommended but obligatory in one single PDF document (except any videos, which should be indexed within the pdf) – including information about the submitted works (information about the author(s) and works: year, technique, duration in case of video etc.). The Motivation letter with a biography should also be submitted printed out. The candidates are advised to send the materials also via web services (eg. dropbox, sendspace, wetransfer) to email@example.com.
In the interview the authorship of the submitted material shall be proven as well as the candidate’s ability of comprehension and expressing his/her thoughts.
Note: a passed assessment of artistic ability is valid only for the current academic year.
Some documents and links:
- Application page with main deadlines, application places etc.
- More information about the programme the document about the programme.
- More about the school – brochure – the brochure as e-book or download (.pdf, 1,5 MB).
- Online editions of Semester & Annual Shows https://au-razstava.ung.si/en/semester-show-2020-2021
- Študentski vodnik življenja v Novi Gorici (študentski dom, štipendije UNG, boni itd.)
- Vimeo stream of student videos and other school productions
- Selected projects of UNG School of Arts